02 March 2017

Ready to be back to normal

So far, 2017 has been quite the struggle as I have been sick to some degree since around January 10th. Jonathan, too, has been battling colds, runny noses and coughs. This past week has hit me the hardest, and I haven't been able to care for him. If it weren't for my mom and my mother-in-law, I really am not sure how things would have played out. Michael was out of town until Wednesday morning, and while that is good in that he didn't also get sick, it makes the time alone at home with Jonathan harder when sick. Today I am struggling with what so many of the contestants on a show I enjoy, The Biggest Loser, do: letting someone else take care of the ones you love so that you can get back to 100%. I have hardly been able to sleep, and the coughing has rubbed my throat and mouth raw, making the process of recovery painful. I know many people out there are dealing with much more pain and illnesses more serious, but after 6 weeks of not feeling myself, 4 days out of 5 not being able to teach, and not being able to care for my son (who is also sick and miserable), I am ready to start moving forward to more positive moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment